Tuesday 23 July 2013

ORA-04030: out of process memory when trying to allocate XXXXXX bytes...

I was running SQL Access Advisor when my alert log threw up this error. First thing that came to my mind obviously was that was I out of memory? The answer to that is a big NO! My initial investigation at the OS level shows that I have enough free memory available.
After pondering for a while, I searched Oracle forums and found what the problem was... I was running the Oracle session while logged in as sysdba from an OS user account that has low ULIMIT SETTINGS!

SOLUTION:

I got the sys admin to change my ULIMIT settings to the below:

# ulimit -a
time(seconds)              unlimited
file(blocks)                  unlimited
data(kbytes)                unlimited
stack(kbytes)              4194304
memory(kbytes)          unlimited
coredump(blocks)       unlimited
nofiles(descriptors)      unlimited
threads(per process)    unlimited
processes(per user)     unlimited


No comments:

Post a Comment